This Policy does not govern our collection of information through any web site, or by any other means, other than through the Site; nor does this Policy govern the collection of information by third parties.
By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site. From time to time, we may make changes this Policy without prior notice. The Policy is current as of the “December 14, 2007″ date which appears at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
The Site is controlled and operated by Decisiv from the United States, and is not intended to subject Decisiv to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Decisiv does not represent or warrant that the Site, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children: The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personally Identifiable Information through the Site.
What Information We Collect:
We gather two basic types of information through the Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII“) and “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII“). Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non-Personally Identifiable Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
Personally Identifiable Information. You do not have to provide PII to use the Site. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to register to use the Service or to view certain areas of the Site), you will be required to furnish PII. We collect PII from you through the Site, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and credit card information, only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Decisiv and third parties with whom Decisiv has contracted to provide services may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from five different sources: server log files, environmental variables, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies and unassociated or aggregated information derived from information you voluntarily provide.
- Server Log Files. Server log files automatically log the general, technical information that is collected automatically by us every time you visit the Site, whether or not you have registered with us. This information includes without limitation your IP address, referring web page, date and time of your visit, and what parts of our site that you viewed.
- Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags“) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on a visitor’s hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
- Unassociated or Aggregated Information. Decisiv also collects Non-PII when you voluntarily provide such information to us and we do not associate such information with you (e.g., the type of truck you own, your geographic location, etc.). When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
How We Use the Collected Information:
Personally Identifiable Information. We may use your PII in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Purpose. Decisiv may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided. For instance, we will use PII to register you to use the Service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, for enhancing the operation, functionality, content, appearance and capabilities of the Site and providing additional services through the Site.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use your PII to send to you important information regarding the Site, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Other Communications. From time to time, we may use your PII to send you informational and promotional materials about us and about third parties with whom the Site may conduct business. If you would prefer that we do not send such marketing messages to you, please see the “Opt-Out” section below.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII with third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding e-mail addresses in cookies). If we combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
How PII is Disclosed:
- Third Party Service Providers. We retain third parties to provide services on our behalf. We reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services. Any service providers or other third parties that we engage to perform such services and who are provided PII will be obligated to honor the terms of this Policy to keep any such PII strictly confidential, and to use adequate security measures as set forth in this Policy.
- Bulletin Boards. Please note that any information you disclose through any interactive services available through the Site (for example, bulletin boards) (each such service a “Bulletin Board“) becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on a Bulletin Board, certain PII may be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your PII, or any other information, through a Bulletin Board. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PII YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH A BULLETIN BOARD.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Decisiv’s business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. While we strive to protect PII, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a consequence, Decisiv cannot guarantee or warrant the complete accuracy and security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Site is so transmitted at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Questions, Comments or Concerns” section below.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us or our affiliates and third parties, you may opt-out of receiving such e-mails by sending us an email indicating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Site contains links to web sites operated and maintained by third parties over which we have no control. The collection, use and disclosure of any PII you provide to third-party web sites will be governed under the terms of each such web site’s privacy statement, and we encourage you to investigate and/or ask questions before disclosing any information to the operators of such third-party web sites. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of information you disclose to third party websites.
Right of Access:
Details as to how to modify or delete your PII can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed therefrom. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Site. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your PII.
Questions, Comments or Concerns:
If you have questions, comments or concerns about this Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.