Last Updated: May 2018
DECISIV, INC. DATA GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
This Data Governance Statement describes the practices of Decisiv, Inc. when collecting information relating to industrial and commercial equipment, worksites and service facilities (collectively “Assets”), and the operations of and use of Assets by our customers, partners, component and equipment manufacturers, dealers, vehicle owners and operators, Asset owners, and their related entities (“Partner Networks”). We collect this information through online and offline means including:
(1) applications and platforms for use on or through computers, APIs, and mobile devices, such as Decisiv Case and Decisiv Vision, as well as telematics or other devices on Assets (“Digital Offerings”); and
(2) our Partner Networks, service providers, and customers. You should regularly review this Statement carefully to understand what information our Digital Offerings receive, generate and transmit—and what we do with that information. By providing Operations Data or Personal Information (each as defined below) to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Data Governance Statement.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our service providers collect information in a variety of ways, including through Digital
Offerings, online and offline, and from Partner Networks. “Operations Data” is:
(1) information that is ingested or used by or generated through Digital Offerings, which may include information from telematics or other devices, Assets and components, including electronic data, inspections, device location and patterns of use; and
(2) information Partner Networks may otherwise provide to us, such as service/maintenance history, contracts, invoices, work orders, inventory, and information about customers of Partner Networks. “Personal Information” is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, which may include name, address, telephone number, email address, identification information such as usernames and user IDs, the employer or company with which an individual is associated and his or her role and title, user profile information, location information, information about any device with which the individual accesses Digital Offerings and information about an individual’s use of Digital Offerings.
If you submit any Operations Data or Personal Information in connection with Digital Offerings you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Data Governance Statement.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use collected information for the following purposes:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide use of the Digital Offerings and related customer service to you.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To allow you and other users to communicate with each other through Digital Offerings.
- To send administrative or contractual information.
- Providing personalized services either based on your consent or because we have a legitimate business interest to do so.
- To better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide
you with information about new products and services and/or invitations tailored you.
- To analyze use of Digital Offerings to improve our services. ny-1310087
Accomplishing our business purposes to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation or because we have a legitimate business interest.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services and for developing
new products and services.
- For data analysis and identifying usage trends.
- For audits to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with
legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes.
- To conduct market research and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose information:
- To Partner Networks to permit them to use Operations Data and Personal Information to
maintain relationships with you and provide services to you. Upon request, we will provide you information regarding our Partner Networks to whom we may have provided information relating to you or your Assets.
- To Asset owners (and their authorized agents, service providers and other third parties), to
permit them to manage their use of their Assets.
- To our service providers who provide services such as application development, platform
hosting, customer service, auditing, data analytics, advisory and other services.
- To authorized manufacturers in our Partner Networks, to permit them to study the use of their products, to improve and develop new products.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment,
transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, Assets or stock, subject to our agreements with you.
- To additional recipients as agreed by you and us.
We may use or disclose information, as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or
others, including for purposes of information security; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
De-identified or Aggregated Information: De-identified or Aggregated Personal Information or Operations Data does not personally identify you or any other user of Digital Offerings. We may us and disclose de-identified or aggregated information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may opt-out from receiving electronic marketing communications from us. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us or if you would like to request to receive your Personal information for the purpose of transmitting it to another company, you may contact us by email at email@example.com.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or deleted. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before
implementing your request.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Third Party Content: This Data Governance Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the practices of any third party operating any website or online service to which a Digital Offerings links. Further, the inclusion of a link in a Digital Offering does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service.
Retention Period: We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Data Governance Statement and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with and provide the Digital Offerings to you;
- Whether we have a legal obligation to do so; and
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Cross Border Transfers: Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we operate or where our service providers operate, and by using a Digital Offering you understand that information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
UPDATES TO THIS DATA GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
We may change this Data Governance Statement. The “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page indicates when this Data Governance Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Data Governance Statement.
If you have any questions about this Data Governance Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org., or Decisiv, Inc., 10900 Nuckols Road, Suite 300, Glen Allen, VA, 23060, USA. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, if an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.