Decisiv is looking for a self-starting, business development minded leader to help drive growth in the commercial vehicles market with asset managers, including fleets, managed care providers and leasing/rental companies. Decisiv is a real-world IoT success story – enabling billions of dollars of value creation across millions of assets – and just getting started.
This person will take a leadership role in driving Decisiv’s growth in the commercial vehicle market with a focus on the asset management segments, by building new relationships with potential customers across Fleets, Managed Care Providers, Leasing and Rental companies as well as partners that will help enable this market capture. This person will have a primary focus on North America. Decisiv has 5 million assets using its platform to manage service and maintenance and this person will focus on further growing that ecosystem.
- Lead growth of the Asset Management business (Fleets, Managed Care, Leasing Companies, etc.) in Commercial vehicle market
- Lead all phases of the sales process: prospecting, defining the customer needs, working with the customer to understand the Decisiv value proposition, working with Decisiv team and customer to do assessments, proof-of-concept projects and pilot projects, deal-closing, contract negotiations and transition to program directors for long term account management
- Support and participate in marketing activities, including participating and presenting at industry/customer events and conferences
- Report to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Vehicles and will be a key leader in the next phase of growth of Decisiv. This person will also work closely with the SVP Product, and VP Marketing & Partners and the executive leadership team in advancing this area of the business.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for complex sales and relationship development
- Proven record of leadership in complex situations and experience working with senior leaders
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Experience working in ambiguous and/or entrepreneurial environments
- Initiative and an entrepreneurial mindset to drive initiatives forward
- Enthusiasm/ability to travel
- IoT or IIoT experience
- Experience with Fleet Management Systems or selling Fleet Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with commercial vehicles, specifically on-highway trucks and ideally in a service provider, fleet, managed care, leasing or rental company environment
- 8+ years experience in a business development role, primarily in software and/or industrial technology, with experience in negotiating multi-million dollar enterprise agreements
- Experience in commercial vehicle aftermarket, maintenance, service, telematics, diagnostics or other aftermarket services
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, including experience working with senior executives, product managers, solution engineers and front-line managers
- Proficiency with analysis and communication tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, which will vary from start-up software company to working some of our partners in call centers, maintenance facilities and corporate headquarters.
Show Us What You’ve Got
If there’s a project you’ve worked on, a presentation you’ve given, or a doc that you think really showcases your talents, we want to see it! Send it our way, and we’ll be sure to look it over prior to your interview.
Can work remotely from anywhere, with preferred location in Washington, DC, Richmond, VA or Baltimore, MD
Health & Dental Insurance
Flexible work environment/schedule depending on role
Work with a global team of talented, highly motivated, and supportive innovators
Curious to see how our team works?