Our Engineering team is a group of self-starters, eager to produce quickly and solve big problems for our customers. We’re agile, flexible, and autonomous, working remotely via Slack, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and Zoom. And the size of our team means you’ll have major opportunities to contribute in a big way to the future of our product.
Your career growth and development is top-of-mind for us. You’ll learn a lot here, and you’ll succeed as well. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work; recharging is important, and we strive to offer an environment that reflects that.
- Collaborating with UI/UX designers to define and implement user-facing features within existing and new applications, using React.
- Building reusable UI components and libraries for use in multiple front-end applications.
- Writing high-quality, maintainable code that performs efficiently and reliably across a variety of web browsers and mobile devices.
- Implementing tools and practices to promote the best DX (developer experience) possible.
- Composing thorough, meaningful tests for all the code you produce.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with a front-end UI framework and a desire to learn React
- Knowledge of best practices for interaction with back-end APIs (REST and GraphQL)
- Experience with test-driven development practices using modern test frameworks
- Experience building responsive interfaces that render across multiple target screen-sizes
- Comfortable working with Git for version control
- Practical knowledge of Jira / Confluence
- Any of the following would be great, too:
- Practical experience with major libraries in the React ecosystem (Redux, React Router, Styled Components, the Apollo GraphQL Client, etc)
- An understanding of asynchronous state management (sagas, thunks)
- Proficiency in functional programming
- Strong understanding of front-end build tools (Babel, Webpack, etc)
- Experience using React Native to build mobile applications
- Familiarity with modern continuous integration and deployment tools
This job is remote-friendly;
Washington DC, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Greensboro NC, Charlotte NC, and Raleigh NC preferred
Health & Dental Insurance
Flexible work environment/schedule depending on role
Work with a global team of talented, highly motivated, and supportive innovators