As a Decisiv Development Team Lead, you will be in a position to contribute technically to a robust and heavily used application suite and also guide the work of other developers. The role requires a bundle of qualities that are hard to fake: humility, open-mindedness, technical acumen, good decision-making, experience, depth, curiosity, and kindness. We’re looking to grow a well-rounded and closely-knit team, so there’s not a fixed profile that we’re hiring for. We’re looking for game changers of all backgrounds who can make a unique contribution in a small team environment.
- Work with Product Management to craft elegant solutions to complicated problems
- Enhance Decisiv applications to respond to customer needs
- Maintain Decisiv applications to ensure that our customers have good experiences
- Provide full test coverage with your work
- Review the work of other developers and help them to write clear and concise code
- Set expectations for your team for code quality and standards
Desired Skills and Experience
- Deep experience with Ruby and Rails
- Successful technical leadership of teams/projects
- Demonstrable success in API (RESTful) development
- Test or behavior-driven development and CI
- Object design, data modeling and software architecture skills
- Understanding of business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Selection of new technologies with creativity and due diligence
- Deep SQL or no-SQL skills
- Integrating with external systems
- Developing significant libraries, algorithms or adapters
- Managing complexity in large applications
We’d love to see your Github account, code samples, or anything that shows your work. If such are unavailable, we can give you a short coding exercise or pair with you. If you provide an example design document or README (or even an email) demonstrating thought and communication that’s helpful too.
Candidates must be located in the United States and be able to work legally in the United States. Absolutely no companies – only individual developers who want to join a team and are looking for long term employment.
Washington DC, Richmond VA, Baltimore MD, Greensboro NC, Charlotte NC, and Raleigh NC preferred
Health & Dental Insurance
Flexible work environment/schedule depending on role
Work with a global team of talented, highly motivated, and supportive innovators
Curious to see how our team works?