Decisiv has built a unique cloud based collaboration platform that connects people, places, systems and things around service management for commercial assets. Decisiv’s partners include Volvo and Mack Trucks, Ryder Truck Systems, Nationalease and many others Decisiv’s Service Relationship Management platform is used by over 2,000 service providers managing over 1M assets.
Why work with us?
We’re a growing “mature startup” focused on ecosystem building. We’re not a social gaming gold rush company and we’re not about sweat equity or burning the midnight oil. We invest in clean code, cloud computing, continuous delivery, and well-crafted APIs because they help us to delight our customers. We try new things, and we know when (not) to use them. We invest in our team through conferences, get-togethers, and group learning.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a bundle of qualities that are hard to fake: humility, open-mindedness, technical acumen, good decision-making, experience, depth, curiosity, and kindness. We’re looking to grow a well-rounded and closely-knit team, so there’s not a fixed profile that we’re hiring for. We’re looking for game changers of all backgrounds who can make a unique contribution in a small team environment.
Your experience should show some or all these:
- Work with Ruby and Rails
- Demonstrable success in API (RESTful) development
- Test or behavior-driven development and CI
- Object design, data modeling and software architecture skills
- Understanding of business requirements and acceptance criteria
- Selection of new technologies with creativity and due diligence
- Deep SQL or no-SQL skills
- Integrating with external systems
- Developing significant libraries, algorithms or adapters
- Managing complexity in large applications
- Leadership of project, team or process
We have curated a brief set of questions to help get to know you. We hope it’s an opportunity to share what you care most about and to share your unique experiences and accomplishments. This is not an assessment, so there are no right or wrong answers. A cover letter that contains brief but thoughtful answers to each question is plenty.
- What experiences have most influenced your approach to software development?
- What are you looking for in a team?
- What do you regard as characteristics of well-crafted code?
- We’re always looking for ways to improve our tools and workflow. Do you have any suggestion of a tool or process enhancement you’ve tried or adopted recently that worked well?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to email@example.com.