Are you passionate about software and IIoT and its impact on people’s work life and productivity? Is the prospect of solving really tough problems for the commercial asset space appealing to you?
Decisiv is looking for a Product Manager with proficiency in crafting and communicating requirements, in collaboration with both technical and business teams to deliver compelling features that get to the root of our users and customers current needs, while understanding our technical limits and capabilities. We value product managers who want to sit with the developers and dig into the details as owners of the specific product/feature and also sit with our customers and truly understand their world.
Decisiv is a rapidly-growing industry leader in the asset management and service supply chain marketplace. Our size means you’ll have major opportunities to expand your skill-set and contribute in a big way to the future of our product. We’re in the early days of a major evolution from SaaS to PaaS and we need a smart, driven individual to help us make this a reality. We’re agile, flexible, and autonomous, working remotely via Slack, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, and Zoom.
You’ll work with a talented cross-functional team including our UX designers, engineers, sales, and customer support, to create product strategy, prioritize, and drive features through the product development life cycle.
Your career growth and development is top-of-mind for us. You’ll learn a lot here, and you’ll succeed as well. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work. Recharging is important, and we strive to offer an environment that reflects that.
The Product Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Product Management.
- Understand customer/market requirements by analyzing multiple sources of data: usage metrics, industry trends, user interviews, etc.
- Own and lead product requirements for specific portions or features of our products. Validate requirements with all stakeholders, review and ensure scope is agreed to and understood by our technical teams and drive requirements through to production release.
- Customer advocate, ensure all our customers are being considered in any solution you propose.
- Developer advocate, ensure our developers spend their time wisely by delivering all the information they need in a clear and timely manner.
- Collaborate with UX designers, developers, customers, sales and product to drive opportunities to improve the product.
- Lead review sessions with different stakeholders to understand requirements are clear, well documented and understood by everyone impacted.
- Contribute to product marketing and other outbound communication efforts as required
- Ensure the quality of our production releases by working with QA and testing new features at a sprint level.
- Become the go-to product expert for the products and features you own.
- Keep up-to-date about new and successful product management trends, share your knowledge on them and evangelize the value of product management throughout the Decisiv organization.
- Attend industry events as a product advocate and to network with key players in our markets.
- You are very curious and love solving difficult problems.
- Have experience leading cross-functional teams through influence and the ability to drive and communicate a product vision.
- Excellent speaking, listening, and writing skills; attention to detail, proactive self-starter.
- Comfort with ambiguity and execution in rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- You like working hard, but also enjoy collaborating with a group of like-minded and super smart colleagues.
- You stay up to date with the latest product management and agile development trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of work experience in software product management or relevant domain experience.
- Experience in helping drive a product roadmap from ideation to delivery.
- Some travel (10-15%).
QUALIFICATIONS WE'D REALLY LIKE
- Experience in the commercial vehicle, heavy equipment, and industrial asset markets.
- Experience with IIoT, Telematics, or Fleet Management
- Certifications in software development methodologies
- Experience with APIs and Integration
- Experience with modern front end
- Located in the Northern VA/Washington, DC Metro area
- Proficiency in other languages, particularly: Spanish, French, Swedish or Japanese
Decisiv is the provider of a Service Relationship Management (SRM) software platform for companies in the commercial vehicle, heavy equipment, and industrial asset markets. The Decisiv platform drives uptime, reduces costs, and improves operational efficiency across the service value chain. The cloud-based platform brings the right information to the right people at the right time during the course of service and maintenance events by adding a layer of communication and collaboration to legacy system data and connected asset data (IIoT). Decisiv is already the partner of choice for major vehicle manufacturers, including Volvo, Mack, Hino, Peterbilt, and Kenworth, as well as their dealers and call centers, service networks and managed maintenance providers, and a growing number of fleet customers.
In 2017, Decisiv was named "Best Tech Startup of the Year" by the Tech in Motion TIMMY Awards, and was listed on the Inc 5000 for its rapid growth. For information, visit www.decisiv.com.