Lead Software Engineer for Mobile Applications (iOS/Android/React Native)
Decisiv is looking for a talented and versatile mobile application developer with proficiency in React Native to build modern mobile applications using next-generation technologies. You should be passionate about creating complex, well-designed UIs and excited to work as part of a team providing valuable services with a great user experience.
At Decisiv you will lead the effort to create and architect entirely new native mobile applications for iOS and Android using the React Native platform. You’ll be part of a growing cross-platform team of UI application developers, and you will work alongside an ensemble of developer-friendly product designers to craft innovative user experiences for our customers. You’ll make key decisions about the evolution of Decisiv’s mobile application development and will have a major impact on the direction of the products you build.
Decisiv is a rapidly-growing industry leader in the asset management and service supply chain marketplace. Our size means you’ll have major opportunities to expand your skill-set and contribute in a big way to the future of our product. Accordingly, our Engineering team is a group of self-starters, eager to produce quickly and solve big problems for our customers. We’re agile, flexible, and autonomous, working remotely via Slack, GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and Zoom.
Your career growth and development is top-of-mind for us. You’ll learn a lot here, and you’ll succeed as well. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work; recharging is important, and we strive to offer an environment that reflects that.
- Collaborating with UI/UX designers to define and implement user-facing features within existing and new mobile applications, using React Native as well as native mobile OS technologies.
- Working with the tech lead to devise and refine architectural approaches for mobile development.
- Building reusable mobile UI components and libraries for use in multiple mobile applications.
- Leveraging and adapting existing web application React components for use in native applications.
- Writing high-quality, maintainable code that performs efficiently and reliably across a variety of mobile devices.
- Implementing tools and practices to promote the best DX (developer experience) possible.
- Composing thorough, meaningful tests for all the code you produce.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Mastery of React Native, its core principles, and best practices
- Practical experience with other major tools in the iOS and Android native development ecosystem
- Knowledge of best practices for interaction with RESTful back-end APIs
- Well-versed in asynchronous state management (sagas, thunks)
- Experience with test-driven development practices using modern test frameworks
- Experience building responsive interfaces that render across multiple target form-factors
- Comfortable working with Git for version control
- Any of the following would be great, too:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails API development and/or the design and development of robust RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms used by native applications
- Knowledge of isomorphic React
- Familiarity with modern continuous integration and deployment tools
Show Us What You’ve Got
We would love to see your GitHub account, code samples or anything that shows your work.
Please send a resume and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.